President Donald Trump met privately with victims of the Las Vegas capturing at a hospital Wednesday after he touched down in a metropolis nonetheless reeling from the worst gun bloodbath in trendy U.S. historical past.
Air Pressure One landed on the airport close to the famed Las Vegas strip on a brilliant, sunny morning simply days after a gunman on the 32nd ground of a resort and on line casino opened hearth on individuals at an out of doors nation music competition under. The Sunday night time rampage killed at the very least 58 individuals and injured 489, some from gunfire and a few from a chaotic escape.
“It’s a very sad thing. We are going to pay our respects and to see the police who have done really a fantastic job in a very short time,” Trump instructed reporters earlier than departing the White Home. He mentioned that authorities had been “learning a lot more” in regards to the shooter, Stephen Craig Paddock, and that extra particulars can be “announced at an appropriate time.”
“It’s a very, very sad day for me personally,” he mentioned.
Trump’s first cease was the College Medical Heart, the place he was talking privately with victims of the Sunday night time capturing rampage, their households, and medical professionals. On his journey from the airport, the president’s motorcade drove previous the Mandalay Bay resort the place the gunman fired down into the live performance crowd. The president additionally drove previous his personal Trump resort. (AP)
Learn extra from Yahoo Information:
– A surreal scene as Las Vegas returns to enterprise after Sunday bloodbath
– Portrait of a mass killer: The small print don’t add up
– Las Vegas, a ‘soft target,’ lengthy feared an assault
– Now I Get It: Why haven’t authorities named Las Vegas gunman a terrorist?
– Photographs: Scenes from the Las Vegas mass capturing
– Photographs: Makeshift memorials pay tribute to Las Vegas capturing victims
– Photographs: The entrance web page: How newspapers portrayed the Vegas bloodbath
See extra news-related picture galleries and observe us on Yahoo Information Photograph Twitter and Tumblr.